Engaged Learners. Effective Communicators.
Head of Department
Mdm Koo Hue Ling
Ms Palaniammal Murugiah
Programmes and Activities
Mother Tongue Fortnight Activities / Inquiry Based Projects (IBL)
Theme: Hawker Culture
2 weeks of language / cultural activities to inculcate the love and interest in the learning Tamil Language through food related activities.
P4 Language/Cultural Camp
A half day camp to inculcate interest in the learning of Tamil Language through language and cultural activities.
Assembly - Deepavali Show
Objective: To inform / educate pupils about Deepavali Festival and Indian culture.
- P3 Story Telling Workshop
- P5 Folk Song Creation Workshop
Reading / Oral Programmes
1) Pre-Assembly Oral Programme (P4 / P5 / P6)
Objective: To develop students’ reading and oratorical skills.
2) Silent Reading on Tuesdays and Thursdays (P1 - P6)
Objective: To encourage reading of Malay books / articles so as to improve pupils' language competency.
- Tamilosai Website (http://sangamam.opal.moe.edu.sg/tamilosai/slot/u113/index.html)
- Nam Naadi (http://namnaadi.opal.moe.edu.sg/namnaadi/slot/u105/archives/2011/may/index.htm)
- MC Online
Objective: To use ICT as a platform to enhance the learning of Malay.
Watching of Tamil performances/ theatres in conjunction with MT Fortnight week
To inspire and motivate interest towards the Malay Language and to instil the love for Tamil culture.
Briefing for P1 parents – New Syllabus: Cekap
To create awareness among parents of the new components in the new P1 Tamil syllabus
2014 PSLE : 100 % passes in Standard Tamil / Higher Tamil / Foundation Tamil
Standard Tamil - A* & A : 87.5 %